Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Twist on Meatloaf

Growing up as a child and as an adult one of the few foods I would not eat was meatloaf. My family loved meatloaf and when I was away they would make meatloaf as a treat. I tried in high school to make it myself for the family thinking this would change my mind on this meat dish but alas it didn't. A few years ago I was introduced to Quinoa and have since learned that it is one of my favorite grains and it alone browned a little before cooking the grain is a treat with a little vinaigrette dressing. So when looking for healthy recipes for the family I came across a turkey quinoa meatloaf I decided I would try making a meatloaf again. Success!!! I have now made this dish twice and the whole family is a fan. The little one seems to like it cold but I enjoy it warm. The recipe says cook for 50 min. but I have cooked it for 1hr 5 min both times to get the meat to a safe temperature. The recipe is really very easy and can be made ahead of time I encourage you to make this for your own family. Check out the link provided for the recipe. Turkey Quinoa Meatloaf

A TODDLER SEEMS HAPPY WITH THE MEAL:)

No comments:

Post a Comment