Sunday, August 21, 2011

Goodbye Anemia. I Hope!

After struggling to lose the baby weight with exercise and diet I finally started bugging my doctors last spring. After a routine check up with my doctor last week we reviewed all my blood work and discussed that he is baffled at why I can't lose the weight. The only concern he found in my blood work was me being slightly anemic. He suggested supplements. I decided that I didn't need to supplement if I could put more leafy greens like kale into my diet. Tomorrow I have more blood work to get drawn and am hoping that the big glass of kale, carrot, and apple juice this evening will help with the anemia. We will see. I have attached a great article with a recipe for Kale Juice or "Green Lemonade".

2 comments:

  1. My juicer can't handle Kale, it clogs up the works. What type of juicer do you use? Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate we bought a Breville after A LOT of research.

    ReplyDelete